Ocean Grove Cricket Club COVID Safe Plan Summary
Welcome back to the cricket season for 2020/21 which will be different in many ways to past seasons!!!
This is a summary of the club’s COVID Safe Plan.
The full plan document is available on the OGCC Facebook pages and Website at www.oceangrovecricket.com.au/ and I urge all players, parents and supporters to read this document thoroughly. Some of the keys components for our return to training and playing cricket are summarised below. This is for both seniors and juniors. More information will be shared as further requirements and new directives are issued by the State Government and/or Cricket Victoria.
- Everyone must wear a mask unless batting, bowling or fielding. If warm-ups involve strenuous exercise, masks may be removed. Masks must remain on while not physically participating in game or training drills.
- Everyone must register their attendance upon arrival and leaving. This can be done via your phone and a QR code that is displayed at the club. Also must apply hand sanitiser upon arrival at the club.
- Everyone must maintain hygiene and regularly use the sanitiser available.
- There is no sharing of equipment. Fielding balls will be only those provided in the specified container and must be wiped clean with antibacterial wipes by a designated person after each group’s training session.
- Each bowler will have their own cricket ball that will not be shared. The bowler shall retrieve their ball. The batsman may throw the ball back if wearing a glove. No bowler shall apply sweat or saliva to the ball.
- Stumps, Cones/Witches Hats and Bowling Machine must also be wiped clean with antibacterial wipes by a designated person after each game / training session.
- Only the first and third nets will be open for use.
- Training will be conducted in groups of 10 and no crossover between those groups during training. Social distancing must still be maintained within each group.
- Changerooms and wet areas are discouraged for training (i.e. players arrive at venue in training gear and must shower at home), although use of toilets is permitted.
- Entry and exit points and touch points should be cleaned between sessions.
- Follow the directions given by the coaches and by those appointed by the club to maintain COVID safety.
IF ANYONE DISPLAYS CORONAVIRUS SYMPTOMS, THEY MUST NOT ATTEND THE CLUB. THEY SHOULD SELF-ISOLATE, GET CORONAVIRUS TESTED IMMEDIATELY, AND REMAIN IN ISOLATION UNTIL THEY, AND ANYONE THEY HAVE HAD CONTACT WITH, IS RETESTED AND IS CORONAVIRUS NEGATIVE.
This is not just for the benefit of those around the club, it is for the benefit of the entire community.
As further clarification on this becomes available for return to playing the club will make this information available on our Website and Facebook pages prior to the first games.
Please read the full Ocean Grove Cricket Club COVID Safe Plan and feel free to contact the club if you have any questions or require clarification.
On behalf of the committee and I, we look forward to the season starting and being able to see you all at some time during the season and these very challenging times in our sporting lives.